The nights are getting darker and at Dylan and Grace we’re considering putting the heating on so Autumn must be well and truly here. But there’s still fun to be had and below we’ve listed our top 5 things to do in Autumn.
1) Blackberrying – Who knew crawling around in prickly bushes could be so much fun, plus there’s the added bonus of a blackberry crumble at the end of your hard work.
2) Conker Fights – crack open those horse-chestnuts and get your conkers ready for the annual autumn cocker fights. There’s also an old wives tale that if you put them in the corner of your house it keeps the spiders away!
3) Make a Woodpile Habitat – grab a couple of logs and make a small log pile in a shady part of your garden, this will be perfect for insects and may even attract a toad or hedgehog for the winter.
4) Kite Flying – the weathers getting colder and the wind is picking up, why not grab a kite and head for the nearest hill. We’ve got one perfect for the job here.
5) Gardening – it might be nearing winter but there’s still time to plant some winter lettuce and spinach to see you through the winter months.