Feeling a little Easter egged out we decided some fresh air and exercise was definitely needed to stop us going pop. Not least because I’m sure we’ll manage a little more Easter egg before bedtime!
We plumped (note the chicken and therefore egg reference!) for a walk around a fishing lake about a 15 minute drive away. We drove through a few pretty country villages on the way and saw some rabbits at the roadside, chickens in gardens and a red kite in the sky – an exciting start tour “interesting spot” search.
Once we’d arrived and put on our goose poo proof shoes we went for a wander around the lake to see what “interesting spots” we could find. Here are just a selection:
- Budding branches
- Looking right at the sun through the clouds
- Interesting bark
- Red Kite
- Lots of feathers – one is actually the wing of a goose apparently
- 2 dead geese – one of the highlights for some of us!!
- And best of all, 2 deer. We stared each other out about 5 foot apart for a good 30 seconds before they thought better of it!
We also had fun playing:
- Tree climbing – very supervised of course!
- Hide and seek
- Eye spy
- Piggy back racing
We’re all very glad we decided to leave the Easter eggs to their own devices for the afternoon and have all been inspired to have some more Spring ‘sploring very soon.
Have a look around for local fishing lakes near you – just remember to keep hands over mouths when walking past the fishermen!